Pet Insurance Blog

Friday September 12, 2014

Customer Story: Arturo Ingested Gopher Bait

D_Stout.jpg

“My husband buried gopher bait out in the backyard. Later on, he noticed that one of our dogs had been digging around where he buried the bait. We figured by the size of the hole that it had to have been Arturo, our Miniature Australian Shepherd, rather than our Lab. I took Arturo straight to our veterinarian's office, knowing he had an ASPCA Pet Health Insurance plan. If I had waited, I would not have seen any symptoms for 72 hours and by then it would have been too late. The veterinarian induced vomiting and found a glow to it, meaning that Arturo had definitely ingested the gopher bait. The veterinarian administered charcoal to Arturo several times over a 24-hour period, and my dog is now back to his rambunctious self.” Clarissa D., Red Bluff, CA

We'd love to hear if we've helped your pet. Share your story and it may be featured on our blog.


Sunday August 10, 2014

Customer Story: Pam's Alley Cat Antics

CSS_08102014.jpg

“Pam, my indoor cat, and I live in an apartment with an alley in the back. Once Pam got out and ventured into the alley. Soon I heard a cat fight. I was so worried! Pam had been inside her whole life, and I didn’t know if she would be able to defend herself.

I rushed out into the alley, and I saw Pam hissing and pushing away a huge male cat. Luckily, I got Pam inside, but she kept licking her paw, and I could see it was bleeding. We went to the vet right away, and I was told Pam needed minor surgery.

I was very nervous about how much it would cost. I’d had an ASPCA Pet Health Insurance plan for Pam, but I hadn’t used it so far. Thank goodness for that policy!

After I paid the deductible, my pet insurance plan paid about 80% of the remainder. I would have been out several hundred dollars without it, and I don’t have that kind of money.

Pam has been lucky since then, but there is nothing like the reassurance I feel because she is covered. I will never have to choose between her health and money.” –Calista M., Calabasas, CA

We'd love to hear if we've helped your pet. Share your story and it may be featured on our blog.


Sunday June 29, 2014

Customer Story: Protecting Mom

iStock_000026786955Small.jpg

“I stepped outside with my dog Kyle one night and was surprised to get knocked down by a stranger waiting in the dark. Kyle leapt into action to keep me safe, chasing the man away after a short struggle.

Luckily, Kyle only suffered a minor back injury that was treated by my veterinarian the next day. I’m so thankful for my pup who protected his pet mom and happy to protect him with ASPCA Pet Health Insurance!” –Virginia P., St. Louis, MO

We'd love to hear if we've helped your pet. Share your story and it may be featured on our blog.


Sunday June 1, 2014

Customer Story: Vomiting Induced After Alex Ate a Fire Starter Log

06012014.jpg06012014.jpg

“I first bought Alex an ASPCA Pet Health Insurance plan after he ingested a bottle cap. This time we had left a fire starter log, the size of a candy bar, wrapped in a plastic bag and tucked under firewood on the hearth. We came to find ripped plastic on the floor, along with a little debris. We called animal poison control, and we were instructed on how to make Alex throw up. He vomited quite a bit initially and then carried on retching on and off through the night and into the morning. We took him to the veterinarian, where they took X-rays then gave him fluids and shots. We were also told to feed him a bland diet to help settle his stomach.” – Hannah W., Wheeling, WV

We'd love to hear if we've helped your pet. Share your story and it may be featured on our blog.