Archie Dog ate cleaning wipes

"My dog, Archie, managed to open a package of 15 individually-wrapped cleaning wipes and ate all of them. After speaking with our veterinarian and animal poison control, we determined that the wipes were not poisonous. We took him to the veterinarian for an X-ray, though, to make sure there wasn’t a blockage. Previously, Archie had destroyed the packaging of three bottles of super glue. We now have our veterinarian and poison control on speed dial! I have always been so pleased with my ASPCA Pet Health Insurance plan and have had it for Archie since 2008." - Mary R., Hagerstown, MD

Tags: , , , ,

Customer Stories


As we’re dedicated to making a difference for pets, we want to keep you informed about pet health topics and your ASPCA Pet Health Insurance plan. Our blog will provide you with fresh, interesting and informative topics—from pet health tips and customer stories, to the latest industry news and a Pet Parent Q&A column. Most of all, we encourage you to share comments and join the discussion!

Meet the Author

Julia H.

Social Media Coordinator

Pet Parent to:

Lucy, an 8-year-old rescued Golden Retriever/Chow Chow mix

Blog Guidelines

While we’ll strive to present all viewpoints on this blog, comments will be reviewed before posting. Offensive or inappropriate language, off-topic remarks and comments containing personal policy information will not be featured.

Also, conditions discussed in this blog aren’t necessarily covered by every ASPCA Pet Health Insurance plan. For full coverage terms, conditions and exclusions, please refer to your plan.

As always, if you have a question about your plan, call us at 1-866-204-6764.

*Note: While these testimonials may include examples of recent claims payouts, reimbursement is subject to the terms and conditions of your plan. Identifying information has been changed.