Hartville Pet Insurance Group℠ Announces New ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance Complete Coverage℠ Plan
Simplified Reimbursement Based on Percentage of Invoice, Covering Accidents, Injuries, Illnesses and More
The ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance Complete Coverage℠ plan covers accidents, injuries, illnesses and more, and features simplified reimbursement based on percentage of invoice. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance is offered by Hartville®, one of the oldest and largest providers of pet health insurance in the United States.
The plan allows pet parents to visit any veterinarian, specialist or emergency clinic in the U.S. or Canada. Then it's as simple as submitting the bill – online, by mail or fax – and reimbursement will be paid based on a percentage customers select when enrolling for coverage, either 90, 80 or 70 percent. Deductibles and coverage limits apply on an annual basis and can be customized to fit the needs of the pet and owner.
"Complete Coverage℠ is designed to be easy for our customers to use and understand. By providing them with the coverages they're looking for and straightforward reimbursement process, pet parents will have one less thing to worry about as they help their furry family members recover from a recent veterinary visit," said Liz Watson, Chief Marketing Officer, ASPCA Pet Health Insurance.
With Complete Coverage℠, each type of coverage – accident, illness, hereditary and congenital, and behavioral – includes exam fees, diagnostics, and treatment. Even the most advanced treatments are covered, like chemotherapy and surgery, and some you may not expect, such as stem-cell therapy and acupuncture.
- Accident coverage will take care of costs for injuries and emergencies related to accidents, like torn ligaments, bite wounds, cuts, broken bones, lodged foreign objects and toxic ingestions.
- With illness coverage, customers will be reimbursed for the costs of all major and minor illnesses, such as cancer, arthritis, allergies, hypothyroidism, digestive problems and UTIs. Coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions and behavioral issues is included with illness coverage.
- Hereditary and congenital conditions coverage is for the costs of inherited conditions and birth defects that don't show symptoms until later in your pet's life, like heart disease, intervertebral disc disease (IVDD), eye disorders and hip dysplasia.
- Behavioral issues coverage can help with the costs of vet visits for concerning behaviors that may be related to anxiety or compulsive disorders, like excessive licking, fur pulling and destruction of the home.
"Complete Coverage℠ is a simple plan that covers all the important stuff and more, including exam fees, diagnostics, alternative therapies and treatments," added Watson. "ASPCA Pet Health Insurance is protection you can trust."
Accident coverage will start one day after enrollment. Coverage for illnesses, ligament issues and hereditary and congenital conditions starts 14 days after enrollment.
The plan has some coverage exclusions, including pre-existing conditions, cosmetic procedures and breeding costs.
- Pre-existing Conditions are those that occur before coverage begins or during a waiting period. However, an injury or illness that is cured and free of treatment and symptoms for 180 days will no longer be regarded as pre-existing.
- Elective, cosmetic procedures, such as tail docking, ear cropping and claw removal are not covered.
- Costs associated with breeding and pregnancy are not covered.
Sample plans will be available and will include a complete list of exclusions.
Pet parents also have the option to add preventive coverage for an additional cost, which provides reimbursement up to a scheduled annual amount for covered services that help protect pets from getting sick, such as an annual wellness exam, vaccinations, dental cleaning or spay and neuter.
Preventive care is offered at three levels of coverage based on the need of the pet: Basic, Standard and Prime.
For more information, pet parents can visit www.aspcapetinsurance.com or call 1-888-230-4749.
About Hartville Pet Insurance Group℠
Hartville Pet Insurance Group is one of the oldest and largest providers of pet health insurance in the United States. The pet health insurance plans are underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company and administered by Fairmont Specialty Insurance Agency (FSIA Insurance Agency in CA), a Crum & Forster company. Hartville Pet Insurance Group markets plans to consumers through veterinary practices, to employers and associations, and direct to consumers in a variety of online and offline channels. More information can be found at www.hartvillegroup.com.
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance, one of the most popular pet insurance programs in the U.S., is offered by Hartville Pet Insurance Group through its licensed agency. More information on ASPCA Pet Health Insurance can be found online at www.aspcapetinsurance.com.
Hartville Pet Insurance Group
Please note: If you have questions about your plan, please call our Customer Satisfaction team at 1-866-204-6764.