how to make
Even the most pampered pet deserves an extra-special treat on their day, and these treats will have your four-legged friends dancing in circles for more—our office pets can attest!
Whole-wheat flour 1 cup
Baking soda 1 teaspoon
Xylitol-free peanut butter* 1/4 cup
Applesauce 1/4 cup
Vanilla 1 teaspoon
Honey 1/3 cup
Xylitol-free peanut butter* 1 cup
Honey 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together flour and baking soda, and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into greased 9-inch cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes and let cool.
- Combine frosting components and spread atop cake with butter knife and spatula. Decorate with carrot shavings and apple slices before serving.
- *Be sure your peanut butter does not contain xylitol, which can be found in some natural peanut butters. To learn more, check out our guide on the dangers of xylitol.
- Treats such as these should not make up more than 10% of a pet’s caloric intake. Also, stomach upset may occur in pets who do not tolerate dietary changes well.
Did you make this? Let us know!
#doggodessert(opens new window) Explore more pet resources