Who We Are
ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance plans are offered by PTZ Insurance Agency, Ltd., and although our agency has changed ownership throughout the years, our organization has been helping protect thousands of pets since 1997. Our organization is one of the original pet insurance providers in the U.S. In 2006, as part of a strategic partnership with The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®), we introduced our most recognizable and impactful brand, ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance.
The PTZ Insurance Agency, Ltd. team is made up of people who truly care about pet parents and their pets. They have four-legged family members at home and know how much joy and love a pet brings into our lives. They also know how stressful it can be when your four-legged family member is sick or åinjured.
Our entire team, from our licensed sales agents on our sales team to our hardworking claims staff, is dedicated to helping customers when they need us the most. Please contact us anytime if you have questions about our plan options or service.
We are proud to offer plans with robust coverage to help you take great care of your pet. Complete CoverageSM covers things you’d expect and then some.
- Accidents and injuries, including fractures, cuts, bruises, burns, swallowed objects, and poison ingestion or exposure
- Illnesses from common ear infections and stomach troubles to what can be more serious diseases like diabetes and cancer
- Behavioral problems with symptoms like excessive barking, destructive chewing, or going outside the litterbox, which can be disruptive to the household and upsetting or even harmful to the pet
- Alternative therapies used to treat covered conditions. For instance, your veterinarian may recommend hydrotherapy or acupuncture to help your pet manage arthritis
- Hereditary and congenital conditions, such as eye disorders, hip dysplasia, and luxating patella
We also offer an Accident-Only plan for pet parents who just want some financial cushions for injuries.
Plus, you can add preventive care coverage to your plan at a low additional cost to help manage the costs of eligible routine care. This can include coverage for wellness exams, heartworm prevention, flea and tick medication, dental cleanings, and certain vaccines.
You should know that our program works hard to keep our pet insurance options affordable while providing our customers with plans that have the right amount of coverage for their pets. Your cost will depend on a few things, including your plan type and the geographic location, age, and breed of your pet.
You can also customize your pet insurance plan to help make sure it fits your budget and coverage needs. For instance, you can pick from three annual deductible options. If you choose a higher deductible, you can pay a lower premium. You’ll just need to meet that higher amount before you can start getting reimbursed.
We are constantly working on ways to improve our services. We want to make sure it’s as easy as possible for our customers to understand their coverage, submit claims, and get their reimbursements. We also have resources that can help pet parents care for their pets, whether they’re customers or not.
- ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance App – Easily manage your pet’s plan at any time, from any device, with the ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance app. Our app provides a convenient way for pet parents to submit and track claims, pay bills, and access 24/7 telehealth services provided by The Vet Connection.
- Member Center – We have a user-friendly Member Center where customers can submit claims, learn about their coverage, pay bills, update contact information, and more conveniently online.
- Vet Finder – You can use our online Vet Finder to search for veterinary clinics in your area, even if you’re not a customer.
- Pet Parent Resources – You’ll find all sorts of useful pet-related information, including articles on common health issues, lifestyle topics, dog and cat breeds, safety tips, and more.
- Online Quote and Enrollment – You can get a personalized quote to learn about coverage and costs for your pet. You can return to your quote anytime and enroll online whenever you’re ready.
Pet Insurance Program for Groups
We work with employers and associations to offer our pet insurance to their employees or members. We also partner with voluntary benefit producers to help them broaden their business with pet insurance. Implementation is simple, and we provide an online toolkit to help your program succeed.
Support for Veterinarians
We’re committed to supporting the veterinary community and offer several resources.
- Free materials for veterinary clinics – Veterinarians can order our pet insurance brochures, posters, counter table tents, sticky notepads, pet safety guides, and posters by phone or online.
- Staff discounts and group benefits – Veterinary staff can save 10% on their base plan premium. That’s in addition to our 10% multiple pet discount for each additional pet.*
- Online continuing education course – Animal health care team members can take our Race Approved online continuing education course. It offers tips and strategies they can use to help clients say yes to clinical recommendations.
- Vet Finder – Clinics can join our online Vet Finder so potential clients can easily look them up.
* Discounts on the base plan premium include a 10% veterinary employee discount and a 10% multiple pet discount for all additional pets. Discounts may vary and may not be available in all states.
For additional information, please see our underwriting and administration information.