Who We Are
ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance is provided by Crum & Forster Pet Insurance GroupTM.
About Crum & Forster Pet Insurance Group
In April of 2017, Crum & Forster® announced the company’s pet insurance division, Hartville Pet Insurance GroupTM, had been rebranded as Crum & Forster Pet Insurance GroupTM.
This marked the culmination of a decades-long relationship between Hartville and Crum & Forster. United States Fire Insurance Company, a Crum & Forster Company, had been the underwriter of our pet insurance products since 2006, and acquired the company in 2013.
Founded in 1997, we’re one of the original pet insurance providers in the U.S. In 2006, as part of a strategic partnership with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®), we introduced our most recognizable and impactful brand, ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance. In the past 20 years, through our insurance underwriters, we’ve insured more than 400,000 dogs and cats, processing more than 1.6 million claims.
Crum & Forster was founded in 1822. The company provides specialty and standard commercial lines of insurance products through admitted and surplus insurance companies.
The team at Crum & Forster Pet Insurance Group is made up people who truly care about pet parents and their pets. They have four-legged family members at home and know how much joy and love a pet brings into our lives. They also know how stressful it can be when your four-legged family member is sick or injured.
Our entire team from our licensed sales agents on our sales team to our hardworking claims staff are dedicated to helping customers when they need us the most. If you have questions about our coverage or service, please feel free to contact us anytime.
We are proud to offer robust coverage that can help you take great care of your pet. Complete CoverageSM covers things you’d expect and then some. For instance, it includes coverage for:
- Accidents and injuries including fractures, cuts, bruises, burns, swallowed objects, and poison ingestion or exposure
- Illnesses from common ear infections and stomach troubles to what can be more serious diseases like diabetes and cancer
- Behavioral conditions with symptoms like excessive barking, destructive chewing, or going outside the litterbox, which can be disruptive to the household and upsetting or even harmful to the pet
- Alternative therapies used to treat covered conditions. For instance, your veterinarian may recommend hydrotherapy or acupuncture to help your pet manage arthritis
- Hereditary and congenital conditions, such as eye disorders, hip dysplasia, and luxating patella
We also have an Accident-Only plan for pet parents who just want some financial cushions for injuries.
Plus, you can add preventive care coverage to your plan at a low additional cost to help manage the costs of routine care. This can include wellness exams, heartworm preventative, flea and tick medication, dental cleanings, and vaccines.
You should know that we work hard to keep our pet insurance as affordable as possible while providing our customers with the right amount of coverage for their pets. Your cost will depend on a few things, including your geographic location and the age and breed of your pet.
You can also customize your pet insurance plan to help make sure it fits your budget and coverage needs. For instance, you can pick from three annual deductible options. If you choose a higher deductible, you can pay a lower premium. You’ll just need to meet that higher amount before you can start getting reimbursed.
We are always working on ways to improve our services. We want to make sure it’s as easy as possible for our customers to understand their coverage, submit claims, and get their reimbursements. We also have resources that can help all pet parents care for their pets whether they’re customers or not.
- My Pet Insurance App – We offer a mobile app that lets our customers submit claims before they leave their veterinary clinic. They can also manage their account and find nearby veterinarians right from the app.
- Member Center – We have a free Member Center where customers can submit claims, learn about their coverage, pay bills, update contact information, and more conveniently online.
- Vet Finder – You can use our online Vet Finder to search for veterinary clinics in your area even if you’re not a customer.
- Pet Parent Resources – You’ll find all sorts of useful pet-related information including articles on common health issues, lifestyle topics, dog and cat breeds, safety tips, and more.
- Free Online Quote and Enrollment – You can get a free quote to learn about coverage and costs for your pet. You can return to your quote anytime and enroll online whenever you’re ready.
Pet Insurance Program for Groups
We work with employers and associations to offer our pet insurance to their employees or members. We also partner with voluntary benefit producers to help them broaden their business with pet insurance. Implementation is simple and we provide an online toolkit to help your program succeed.
Find out more about our group programs.
Support for Veterinarians
We’re committed to supporting the veterinary community and offer a number of resources including:
- Free materials for veterinary clinics – Veterinarians can order our pet insurance brochures, posters, counter table tents, and post-its pads as well as pet safety guides and posters by phone or online.
- Staff discounts and group benefits – Veterinary staff can save 10% on their base plan premium. That’s in addition to our 10% multiple pet discount for each additional pet.*
- Online continuing education course – Animal health care team members can take our Race Approved online continuing education course. It offers tips and strategies they can use to help clients say yes to clinical recommendations.
- Vet Finder – Clinics can join our online Vet Finder so potential clients can look them up easily.
Learn more about our veterinary resources.
* Discounts on the base plan premium include 10% veterinary employee discount and 10% discount for eligible multiple pets. Discounts may vary and may not be available in all states.
For additional information, please see our underwriting and administration information.